July 28, 2014
by Rose B
In this world of global connection to reach your tribe, it means giving first. The glue that brings it all together is how well you share content that helps others grow, learn, get inspired, motivated or leaves them laughing, entertained or touched.
When creating your content, ask yourself:
- What am I passionate about?
- What skills do I have to support my message? Is it the written word (long or short), video, photography, images, quotes, podcasts, webinars or blogging?
- What do I want to achieve? Is it to inspire, motivate, teach, share knowledge, entertain, attract more clients or establish yourself as an expert in your field?
- Who is your audience and where are they likely to be hanging out? (What are their specific demographics and interests – are they on LinkedIn, Google +, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Slideshare or Instagram?)
- What would help your audience most? This takes the emphasis off ‘what you think they need’ versus what are the problems or challenges they are faced with right now, that you could help out with?
- What skills do you need to acquire to help you create and deliver engaging content that gets found online and shared in a way that connects you with your tribe?
The answers to these questions will help fine tune your content marketing strategies and identify the social media channels you should be on, to attract your ideal client.
Rosemary Burnett writes an inspirational blog at www.sitecontent4u.com. The perfect mix of mindset coaching with technology expertise to help get you inspired, motivated and found online to create a strong foundation for business growth.
July 27, 2014
by Rose B
Holding on to past hurts serves no purpose, except to muddy the waters of new possibilities that present to you each day. Possibilities to regrow love… appreciate the nuances of a child; find the beauty in the face and heart of the one you love…again.
Let down the barriers and stop withholding yourself from the world. Come back to the part of you that was once brave, complete and strong. Confident in life, love and family. For hands reach out to hold you and support you in this tumultuous journey back to you.
Knowing that life has so much to offer if you let it in…a rich tapestry of experiences to treasure and build upon. Live in the now, for the past has gone and the future is yet to be written.
It’s time to find the way back to you. RB
July 14, 2014
by Rose B
I’m pretty sure I missed my calling. Sweet tooth inherited from my father, can you imagine this being a vocation? Chocolate Connoisseur, the thing little girls (and boys) dreams are made of. Did you ever have that dream as a child where you got accidentally locked in the local deli or shop? And left to free range through the lolly aisle?
A Funny story…
I will never forget one of the larks my three brothers and I got up to as kids. My mother worked night shift as a nurse, so we often found ourselves left to our own devices. Back in those days you could cash in glass cool drink bottles for a couple of cents a bottle at the local deli. For some time, we had oggled a neighbors increasingly large pile of bottles getting stacked up against their fence.
We devised a plan. The four of us got the courage up to raid the neighbors stack, with wheelbarrow in hand. We stacked it high, while one of us was the lookout. And with my youngest brother in tow (only 4 years old) we trudged our cache up to the local deli and cashed in our haul for oodles of lollies. Boy did we take our time, choosing carefully. A rare treat.
We did one more raid after that, neither our parents or neighbours were any the wiser. Until guilt caught up with us and we figured we’d had a good run and should give it up before getting caught. Innocent fun of children, we did feel clever to have pulled it off in conjoined camaraderie…yet knew it was wrong. Compelled by sugar and yearning.
Continue Reading →