Creating the life of your dreams is an exciting path. To be ready for it and have the energy to pursue those dreams you need to in balance, both physically and emotionally.
The things that will take you off track are stress, poor health and being out of alignment with who you truly are. Being exceptional means taking care of you, first.
Here are my top six tips for staying balanced:
(1) Find time to exercise - we move much less than we used to. Hunters and gatherers we are no longer, so how do we maintain healthy fit bodies? By moving, stretching and getting outside in the fresh air.
Find something you love doing whether its bush walking, swimming, bike riding, kayaking, dancing, yoga or taking the dog for a walk. Set your alarm earlier, get up and get moving. You know how good it feels after you have exercised, the hardest part is starting. Once you’ve walked out that door, the rest is easy.
Know that your body has amazing powers of rejuvenation, to recondition, get fit and feel strong. Start small and build up slowly, start loving and appreciating your body. Revel in the process and how exercise makes you feel. More energised and vital, ready to take on the world.
Our health can challenge us at times; stress can be an underlying factor as can living sedentary lives eating highly processed foods. We age and with that come problems associated with wear and tear. So how do we remain youthful and in a state of good health?
(2) Eat green - reduce the amount of processed foods in your diet and start eating more organic fruits, vegetables, grains, free range eggs, protein, healthy fats and vitamin rich natural foods. Avoid artificial sugars, refined sugar, white flour and highly processed foods. Cut down on the coffee and introduce some herbal teas into your life. Increase your water intake by adding some sliced lime or lemon wedges.
Short on time? Spend some time on the weekend cooking up healthy foods and freezing for the week ahead. Blend a protein and fruit shake in the blender for breakfast before heading out. Planning = healthy eating. Avoid crazy diets, calorie counting and focus on natural healthy eating. Your body will love all the more you for it.
(3) Find some stress release strategies that work for you (and we are not talking wine here!) We all deal with stress in one form or another. Whether it’s from work, relationships, demands on our time or leading busy lives. It can impact on the positivity of our mindset and derail our health if not addressed.
So how do you reduce the impact of stress in your life? By treating yourself well and taking time to pause and rejuvenate the body and soul. Here are some of things I indulge in to centre myself, to give you some ideas:
- Weekly massage followed up with a healthy protein shake from the juice bar;
- Hatha yoga on a Sunday morning or a swim before work;
- Taking time out for self, away from the demands of home. It can be as simple as walking round the shopping mall window shopping, sitting outside with a scented candle lit and coffee writing my blog, going for a drive and listening to some great music. Taking my beloved pooch for a walk in the bush. Remember to take time out for you, you so deserve it.
(4) Check in with your relationships - and make sure everything is fine with your partner, children and keep in touch with friends. It’s good and healthy to share what’s going on in your life and to give the people in your life the opportunity to share what’s going on in theirs. Support each other and have a laugh. It helps you stay connected and nourishes your relationships.
(5) Let it go - if you are having relationship difficulties with anyone, whether professional or personal remember they are responsible for how they choose to feel and react. You are not responsible for the feelings or reactions of others, they are. Be kind to yourself and let it go. Focus on the things you have the power to influence in your own unique and wonderful way of being.
(6) Consciously realign yourself – often the biggest source of stress comes from being out of alignment with your deepest desires. Feeling stuck in a job, unfulfilled and not doing what you love most…can drain the life out of you. If this is resonating with you, ask yourself what is that you truly want? Finding yourself here, means you have moved far away from the real you and the things that make you truly happy.
Think about the things you love doing and write them down. How can you bring more of what you want into your life? Put those thoughts and feelings out into the Universe. The laws of attraction and synchronicity will respond to you.
What actions can you take to get more of what you want? Start forming a plan, for you can have, do or be anything you want in life. The power is within you to be truly happy and in conscious alignment with your divine self. RB